At Coronation Training Centre child development is not just the core of what we do but the core of how we live. We believe that in order for child development to take place successfully the necessary child support services need to be present.
Professional Nursing Service
Coronation Training Centre has a full time professional nurse with 35 years of experience.
The medical services on the school base level are as follows:
- Medical Assessment and referral to the appropriate outside agencies.
- Daily Medication given as per prescription
- Nutritional intervention
- Health education
- Child abuse and neglect from home
- Detection of substance abuse support and referral
- Basic first aid assistance, fire drill evacuation and learn not to burn and prevent accidents.
- Preparation programme for adulthood – Sexuality and parenting.
- Ensure physical mental psychological holistic wellness programs in the learners social environment.
- Escort learners to hospital in an emergency situation.
The Occupational Therapy Department is run by 2 specialized professionals with years of extensive knowledge on the various intervention strategies with school-aged children.
A broad spectrum of impairments, which are managed therapeutically includes learners with cerebral palsy, autism, learning impairments psychological problems, visual and hearing problems, down syndrome, etc.
Providing a holistic therapy programme, which is tailor-made to the individual needs of each and every learner, our intervention programmes include:
- Vocational Training and Placement
- Personal Management
- Speech therapy and AAC programmes in conjunction with a speech therapist and audiologist.